Friday, April 1, 2011

Tidy Mind, Tidy Stitches: 2KCBWDAY3

Anyone who knows me will attest the fact that tidiness is not my greatest strength.  I'm fairly certain tidy is the last word that could be applied to me mind!  However, there are areas of my life where tidines is almost obsessive and as my knitting paraphenalia increases tidiness is becoming more and more important in storing my odds and ends.

In theory I have two cupboards in the spare room for my craft stuff, they're fairly full, but in practice I can seldom get to them.  I guess they could be described as hibernation space; yarn and kits slumber peacefully in them until I know what I'm going to do with them, although in the case of the rug kit it's more slumbering until the weather is cold enough to work with it on my lap.

My straight knitting needles and yarns with projects in mind have had to find homes in the sitting room.  In the case of the needles this was easy; my Dad keeps a tankard of pennywhistles on the windowsill, I have a jamjar of knitting needles.  The yarn required a slightly safer storage solution though, with 5 cats who would love to play with it it needs to be secure.  My boot collection came to my aid!  No, I don't stuff the yarn into boots, though I rather like the mental image of a row of boots with beautiful colours and textures peeping temptingly over the top... how much yarn would a pair of thigh boots hold?!  The boot boxes are actually the answer.  New Rock boxes in particular, they close securely (no lid a cat can knock off) and hold a goodly quantity of yarn.  Hmm, if I buy enough yarn then I've got an excuse to buy more boots!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment